NOTE TO PARENTS: Each of the main points can be taught/discussed over different days throughout the week.
MORE FROM THIS LESSON:
POINT #1 – LIBERTY
2 Corinthians 3:17 NKJV, “Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.”
The word LIBERTY also means FREEDOM. Can you tell me what the word FREEDOM means? (Allow your child to answer: to be free; to have the POWER to do what you want, when you want.) LIBERTY means that we are free. It also means we have the POWER to choose things. It can also mean that we are physically free, not controlled.
- What are some things that you have freedom to do?
- What are some choices that you have the power to decide?
- Who gives you those freedoms?
- Do you like to have freedom, to be free? Why?
We just read in 2 Corinthians 3:17 that there is liberty and freedom, wherever the Spirit of the Lord is. Where is the Spirit of the Lord? (Allow your child to answer) When we ask Jesus to live in our heart, to be our Lord and Savior, He said that we can have His Spirit living INSIDE of us. All we have to do is ask for the Holy Spirit to come and live inside of us. When the Holy Spirit comes to live inside of us, we have liberty and freedom INSIDE of us.
What are some things we can have liberty and freedom from when the Holy Spirit lives inside of us? (Allow your child to answer: we can have liberty and freedom from fear, worry, stress, anger, loneliness, and everything and anything that does not come from God.) We can be free from fear preventing us from walking in the dark. We can be free from worry making us feel nervous and unsafe. We can be free from stress causing us to maybe not be so nice to others. We can be free from anger making us want to hurt someone else. We can be free from loneliness making us think that no one cares about us. We can be free from everything the enemy wants to control inside of us. What we need to live in liberty is the Holy Spirit.
Jesus, we thank you for giving us freedom and liberty. We are so thankful that we live in a free country, where we can make choices and decisions and most importantly, that we can freely worship you. And that we can freely gather together with other believers, our brothers and sisters in Christ. We are so thankful that you are one with God the Father and the Holy Spirit. We are thankful that once we ask you to live in our hearts that we can receive the promise of the Holy Spirit, if we just ask. Jesus, we want your Holy Spirit living inside of us. We want your presence and we want to forever live in liberty. We pray all of this in your mighty name, Jesus. Amen.
Scripture Memory Verse
“Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.” 2 Corinthians 3:17
- If your child has not asked Jesus into their heart and they want to, we encourage you to lead them in prayer. Please see the New Life prayer guide below.
- Ask your child if there is anything they feel like they want or need to be free from in their mind or their heart (fear, worry, anger, etc). Lead them in prayer for freedom: (Example: “Holy Spirit I want to be free from being afraid of the dark. I don’t want to be scared anymore. I want to live in freedom. I tell fear to leave me now. Holy Spirit, I ask for Your perfect love to fill me up. I know that Your perfect love gets rid of ALL fear. I pray all of this in Jesus’s mighty name, amen.)
- 2 Corinthians 3:17 Coloring page: https://christianpreschoolprintables.com/wp-content/uploads/CPP/Patriotic/PatrioticLibertyVerseColoring.pdf